For this 4-week trip to France, Mr. Misadventures and I spent time in Auvergne and Normandy between mid-September and mid-October. Auvergne is a mountainous region in the center of France and Normandy is on the north western coast. The mountains can be cold and it can be very rainy in Normandy so I packed layers.
Packing layers is always a good bet. I also tend to go with a capsule wardrobe style with a primary color (navy blue) and hints of accent colors. As usual, there were lots of shades of blue. My preferred clothing brands are Stio, Chico’s, J.Crew, and Prana.
Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Opinions are always my own and I’ll never promote something I don’t use or believe in. Also as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1 month in FRANCe
What I Packed
From Left to Right
SHIRT: Stio Women’s Divide Shirt in Mountain Shadow Heather
SHIRT: Stio Women’s Divide Tee in Summer Cloud Heather
SHIRT Stio Women’s Divide LS Tee (similar) in dark blue and light blue
SHIRT: Stio Women’s Thermop Fleece Snap Shirt in Wind River Blue
SHIRT: Red & White striped from Target
PANTS: Stio Women’s Gannett Peak Fleece Pant in Mountain Shadow
JEANS: Chico’s Petite Super Soft Jeans (similar)
JEANS: Mudd Stretch Skinny Jeans
WINDBREAKER: Stio (no longer available)
VEST: Patagonia Down Vest
JACKET: Stio Women’s Skycrest Insulated Snap Shirt in Mulberry
RAINCOAT: Petit Bateau
SCARF: Bought in a little boutique in Dinan France
SOCKS: Bombas Everyday Compression
SHOES: Jambu Maple Eco Vegan, Jambu Spirit Too Eco Vegan
Not pictured are the bags I brought along, another essential part of being comfortable and having everything you need at your fingertips no matter the circumstances. I brought every bag mentioned in my Best Bags for Walking Around Paris post, even though I was only in Paris for 1 day!
- A coin purse, I have this double-sided coin purses from imeetu perfect for all those Euro coins and bills.
- My Haute Shore cross-body bag called the Casey Yacht in navy where I put my coin purse and cell phone.
- Several reusable sacks from Rock Flower Paper.
- My messenger bag from Jambu. They don’t make it anymore. I also have a messenger bags from Timbuk2 which works great. My cross-body bag with my coin purse inside goes into it with my reusable sacks.
- Several tote bags which can also go inside my messenger bag or I carry it on its own.
- My new must-have bag for the plane is this MZ Wallace Medium Tote Bag. It is the ultimate! I have been searching for this for years and it is perfect for travel and folds up into its own carrier, j’adore!
So there you have it, everything I packed for a month in France in the autumn – all within the confines of a capsule wardrobe. By packing clothing that can be mixed and matched and layered, you’ll be prepared for any weather or occasion while still looking chic. So bon voyage, and happy packing!
And finally, don’t forget to pack your sense of adventure!
How about you? Have you packed for a month using a capsule wardrobe approach? Do tell! I want to hear all about it!
Like it? PIN it!