If you are looking for ideas for Mother's Day gifts for Francophiles, I've got you covered. Even if you aren't looking for something for la fête des mères, but have a France lover or Frenchie wannabe in your life with a birthday, or another special occasion event, these will work for you as well! You really don't need a holiday to buy your favorite Francophile a little something, something, trust me, they will be “très content” with any of these gifts.
Now onto this month's French Finds!
Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Opinions are always my own and I’ll never promote something I don’t use or believe in. Also as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vetements (Clothing) + Mode (Fashion)
Mer|Sea Amour Sweater
I really, really want this Mer|Sea Amour Sweater BUT I love all 3 styles and can't seem to pick one to get. I know I better hurry up because if I wait too long they may be out of stock, but I am struggling, I know, first-world problems. This is a beautiful line of clothing and accessories created by two friends who were inspired by the beach and French lifestyle. The clothes look super comfy, I want to be their ambassador!
If your giftee has been a very good girl, then splurging on a Clare V. t-shirt may be just the gift you need. At $99 they are on the expensive side, but I am always checking in on the Gifts Under $150 section for sales! At least the purchase of this Every Mother Counts shirt has 30% of its purchase price going to this organization that ensures pregnancy and childbirth are safe for every mother, everywhere. It's is the ten-year anniversary of this organization founded by Christy Turlington Burns, so this t-shirt is even more special. I personally love the Ça Suffit one which I think is appropriate in the age of The Queen (reference here).
Headline French Bulldog Shirt
If you are looking for a more reasonably priced option in t-shirts, check out this hilarious French Bulldog tee from Headline. Although I don't love that it is unisex sizes only, I do like the price tag of $20 so I have picked one up! It will be perfect for jeans (denim or white) and my Jambu Cherry Blossoms in blue or red!
Ouate de Phoque
Your Frenchie friend will really have to understand French to appreciate anything from Ouate de Phoque! The pronunciation is WTF! Ouate = cotton swab/end of a q-tip/ de = of / Phoque = seal. It is a play on words only a Francophile will adore! If you have a choice of Ouate de Phoque OR Phoque Datte (Seal + date, like the fruit) there are 4 styles of shirts from hoodies to tees, hats, and other accessories. I giggle each time I see it!
Books make the perfect gift for francophiles, I love books set in Paris or about Paris or French life and foods. Here are NEW releases that your Francophile friends and/or family member may not have yet:
- A Table in Paris this book by John Donohue launched this week and is everywhere Francophiles hang out. A combo of Paris, food, and restaurants, you bet I am reading it and it makes a fabulous gift!
- À Table from Rebekah Peppler (with photos from Joann Pai also known as a Slice of Pai who did the photos for Lindsey Tramuta's 2 books: The New Parisienne: The Women & Ideas Shaping Paris and The New Paris: The People, Places & Ideas Fueling a Movement) celebrates the French way of eating, living and dining.
- Dear Paris: The Paris Letters Collection came out earlier this month from Janice MacLeod of the well-read A Paris Year and Paris Letters. Dear Paris brings together all of her letters from both projects (and more) into a single book.
- Cooking with Truffles: A Chef's Guide this book based on the award-winning Truffle Hunters film has 150 recipes from chef and author Susi Gott Séguret.
- Tartes faciles: Salées – Sucrées – Rustiques in French from Emilie Franzo (otherwise known as @plus_une_miette on Instagram) has 80 recipes for tartes. This tantalizing food blogger has created a lovely collection of sweet, savory, complicated, and simple tartes.
- The Margo Affair from Sanaë Lemoine is novel, fiction but if you pay attention to modern French history, it feels like it is crafted from some real-life non-fiction stories! It is about a secret daughter of a French politician and a famous actress with lots of drama.
Pour Les Enfants
Kylie the Crocodile in Paris
I forgot to mention this one in March – désolée! This book is based on the true story of a woman in Paris who released a crocodile into the Canal St. Maartin, an interview that Oliver Gee famously had on his podcast and which he and his illustrator-slash-shoe designer wife have converted into a children's book, Kylie the Crocodile in Paris. Don't miss Oliver's book for grown-ups, Paris on Air which came out in 2020.
If you are looking for more children's activities, print out my free Paris Coloring Pages!
Wine is always a good idea and a great gift! My new favorite? Beaujolais from a region of France not too far from where I used to live. You or your Francophile friend or family member may think they know Beaujolais because of Beaujolais Nouveau, but there are so many more wines to discover in this region!
Et voilà! That's this month's list of gifts for Francophiles!
How about you? Have you seen a gift that you think would make a Francophile's day? Do share!
Like it? PIN it!