My Attempt at the Sex and the City Paris Tour
I love the last two episodes of the final season of Sex and the City. You know, the ones that take place in Paris. I have already blogged about some of my favorite ones in my Sex and the City Paris post.
As I was watching the shows again I was keeping note of all the scenes that occurred in my favorite city, because that is what every girl obsessed with the show and Paris would do, bien sûr!
Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Opinions are always my own and I’ll never promote something I don’t use or believe in. Also as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
At the end, when I looked down at my Moleskine and reviewed the list of scenes I thought to myself, “why do I try to go to them all while I am there?”
And that is exactly what I am going to try to do!
Here is the list of scenes and where they take place, some I don't know but I am going to try to figure out by taking screenshots, etc:
- Carrie's arrival – The Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Shopping (and falling) – Dior Avenue Montaigne
- Brasserie terrace (Carrie watching the 4 French girlfriends) – l’Avenue, with the Canadian flag in the background, corner Rue Montaigne and Francois Premier in the 8th.
- The Pay Phone call to Miranda – Place St Sulpice (thanks to commenter Elspeth on my Sex and the City Paris post)
- Night club where Alexander gives Carrie a necklace – NO IDEA, help?
- The restaurant where Carrie meets Alec's ex-wife – Kong's
- Salon where Carrie eats goodies and feeds the dog – Cador Patisserie located on the corner of Rue de Louvre & Rue Amiral de Coligny (thanks to commenter Elspeth on my Sex and the City Paris post)
- The street where the little girl taps Carrie on the head and she steps on dog poo, and the fountain where she cleans off dog poo is La Fontaine de la Paix in the 6th arrondissement.
- Bench along the Seine where Carrie eats a sandwich and waves at a tourist on a bateau mouche – not sure, but I think I can find it because of the bridge and building in the background
- The bookstore where Carrie finds her book and meets some fans – not sure but looks like it is in the Sorbonne area
- Walking with Alex – they walk past the restaurant “Le Caveau du Palais” which is on Place Dauphine
- Alex's museum review night (when he abandons Carrie) – Jeu de Paume museum
- Carrie running for a cab and passing by Big – Rue de Rivoli (if I am not mistaken) near Jeu de Paume.
- The restaurant where Carrie missed her party – this is actually in New York ( 50 commerce)!
- The closing scene with Carrie and Big – Le Pont des Arts
That's quite a long list, but I am ambitious. I will give a full report about how well I did in attempting to complete the SATC+P tour!
That sounds like alot of fun – I can’t wait to hear all about it!! xxoo 🙂
This is such a fun idea, Andi, and I hope it works out. Just wondering — have you tried searching for any of these on the ‘net in French? Like for the brasserie – maybe there were “witnesses” who have posted about it, and writing in French on older blog posts and so on. Just another thought about how to maybe get the info and locations on a couple of these…
I’m looking forward to the results!
@Karin, I had tried googling in English, maybe I should do it on google.fr!
Kong is one of my favorites! I know all the scenes you’re talking about but without seeing the clips in front of me, I can’t recall 🙁 🙁
@Lindsey, I will try to do screenshots of some of them!
Ooh this sounds like so much fun! Sex & the City + Paris = fabulous! Can’t wait to hear how you get on 🙂
@Sara, I will be reporting on it after my trip!
I’m planning on doing this trip too!! Have you done it yet? desperate to know how you got on . . . xoxo
@Jess, I did pieces but sadly not the whole thing. Take a look at the comments on this post and you will see that some people have filled in more info.
I just got back from Paris and took some pictures of many Sex and the City locations, with corrections made and captions.
However, the more mysterious one where Carrie is having the lunch and waves at the gentlemen on the Bateaux Moches will not be solved as the bridge is the Les Pont Des Arts but the bench and the fence behind her are not near any of the bridges. I am guessing they superimposed that.
Here are my pictures with captions:
@James, how AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing!
Im off to paris tmz ..thankyou for this ..this will make my trip fabulous !!!
@Liz, bon chance!
Thanks for sharing! I’m going to Paris next week 🙂
The restaurant where Carrie missed her party is in New York ( 50 commerce)
@Veronica, thanks for the info, how did you find that out?
Hi…. to help you to complete your list…. La Fontaine de la Paix…. where Carrie washes the shoe after the dog´s shit….
I loved your post…
@Barbara – thank you thank you!
Brasserie terrace (Carrie watching the 4 French girlfriends) – NO IDEA, help?
It looks to me like l’Avenue, with the Canadian flag in the background, corner Rue Montaigne and Francois Premier in the 8th
@Annette, thanks I am working hard to get a full list, so this is much appreciated!
Hi – I am late to this conversation but I just re-watched the SATC series… I live in Paris and work near Ave Montaigne, so it was interesting to see all these scenes again… the restaurant with the four French women is indeed L’Avenue on Ave Montaigne. The street where she passes Big in a cab is actually rue Rivoli (if I am not mistaken) near Jeu de Paume.
@Shannon, merci! I always like to get updates whenever I can!