Ah, French style. From the iconic Breton stripes to the timeless elegance of the little black dress, there's no denying that French-style clothing and fashion have had an indelible influence on how we (toi et moi) all view and wear clothes.
So if you love French style or are just a bit curious about it, join me for The French Edit – where I celebrate everything wonderful about French fashion and Parisian style clothing, mais bien sûr!
Discover my favorite pieces here.
Allez !! On y va !
Labor Day Weekend
It's a holiday weekend and you know what that means…sales!
- & Other Stories: Up to 60% off. No Code Needed.
- Anthropologie: 50% off home goods and 40% off fashion. No Code Needed.
- Banana Republic Factory: 50-70% off everything + extra 20% off. No Code Needed.
- Faherty: Summer Send-Off with up to 40% off. No Code Needed.
- J.Crew: 40% off sitewide, 50-70% off sale styles. Code SHOPNOW
- J.Crew Factory: 60% off for the weekend with code SHOP60 or extra 20% OFF $125 code FALLPREP
- Madewell: 30% off pre-fall styles plus extra 30% code COOLDOWN and an extra 40% off sales styles.
- Prana: Summer Send Off Sale with 35% off
- R.E.I.: Up to 40% off and members get an extra 20% off code LABORDAY23
- Stio: Warehouse sale.No Code Needed.
- Target: Summer Send-Off Sale. No Code Needed.
- Sephora: Get up to 50% off select beauty plus earn 500 extra Beauty Insider points when you spend $75 (code POINTSEARN).
- Ulta: 21 Days of Beauty with up to 50% off.
- Etsy: Up to 50% Off Etsy's End of Summer Sale
- Food52: Summer Send Off Event, code SUMMER; Clearance sale (up. to70%off!), plus 20% off $250+, 25% off $500+Code SAVEBIG
- Sur La Table: Labor Day Sale, Up to 60% Off and Extra 20% Off Clearance event. No Code Needed.
Week of Aug 28, 2023
We are in a spot where end-of-the-season sales for summer are intersecting with new fall finds. But since the weather in the world is bizarre, you will probably need both summer and fall clothes in the same week! That's my plan for Paris in September!
This weekend I bought a few things to round out my outfits for my trip.
- From FAHERTY, a new brand for me, I picked up this white Sunwashed Knit Shirt. I want to take a white shirt to dress up or down, but I do not want to iron, so linen and cotton are out. Giving this a try! I love my Stio Divide shirts, but they changed the style and it is no longer button-up.
- I went down a rabbit hole on FAHERTY and want to pick up this Legend Sweater Shirt in Off White when I return from France.
- 1 of the 2 navy blue tee shirts I bought this weekend comes from Quince. I haven't tried their tees before, I wear a lot of navy tees so giving it a try.
- The other blue tee I bought came from Madewell. I already have one and like it. I got an extra 25% off with code UPGRADE.
J.Crew Factory: Extra 60% off clearance. Use code WOW60 (ends Aug 22):
- Raffia straw structured tote bag is $30 now!!!!!!
- Gingham lightweight cotton shirt in signature fit (yay Vichy print!) is $22 now!!!!!!
- Or in short sleeves: Sleeveless cotton-blend poplin shirt in signature fit. Now $16!!!!!!
- I am not sure this navy blue trench coat will get cheaper! It's now $80!!!!!!
- I want these for my glasses, love the Vichy print! Now $8!!!!!!
- I am not ready to buy this yet, but it is on my wishlist and I will absolutely have it by the time it gets cold!
- I am buying this cashmere poncho for the plane, it is on sale for 50% off until midnight tonight.
- This casual blazer will be nice for days I have to go into the office. Dresses up a pair of jeans and t-shirt also. The navy is on sale!
My French-inspired picks!
Week of Aug 7, 2023
Bonjour, Francophiles! If you're anything like me, then you just can't get enough of French-inspired shopping. Lucky for us, the internet is full of amazing deals on all things chic and Parisian-inspired. I've been scouring the web to bring you my picks of the week. Whether you're looking for stylish fashion or some gorgeous home decor, I've got you covered. And the best part? The deals are still on! So sip on your café au lait and indulge in some French retail therapy. Bon shopping!
- Food52: has a new line of French-inspired, everyday glassware from La Rochère
- Sezane: Not on sale but on my Christmas wishlist is this Betty Cardigan – it screams to me, but the price is a little hard to swallow.
- Quince. I have really been digging their clothing lately, especially their bags which are perfect for Paris. They have affordable luxury goods in sustainable, eco-friendly materials with European styling at lower prices, sign me up!
Update for the weekend of Aug 4-6!
J.Crew Factory is having a 50% off on everything sale, no code is needed. All the items I listed in the next section are included AND I found some more pieces that will work well in any French-inspired wardrobe or capsule wardrobe!
J.Crew Factory: 50% off for the weekend
- A second version of the Tie-neck bow sweater in navy!
- More stripes! Striped mockneck sweater and this Long-sleeve striped tee and this Striped boatneck tee
- Gingham (Vichy) print! Gingham lightweight cotton shirt in signature fit
- Vichy print Cropped cotton pajama pant
- Lavender graphic tee
- Vichy print! Printed umbrella. I picked this up for my upcoming trip.
- These white Road trip sneakers are what they are wearing in Paris these days.
- Maybe wear them with these Paris trouser socks?
- Great market bag! Raffia straw structured tote bag and a cute Raffia straw mini tote bag
- Won't get crushed in your suitcase! Packable straw hat.
My French-inspired picks!
Week of July 31, 2023
J. Crew and J. Crew Factory have some wonderful pieces on sale this week that are ringing all my Francophile bells! As I plan what I am taking to Paris, some of these pieces will definitely make it into my suitcase!
J.Crew Factory: EXTRA 20% OFF 4+ STYLES WITH CODE STOCKUP:
- Tie-neck bow sweater
- Cotton camp pant
- Jamie pant with elastic waist
- High-rise girlfriend chino pant
- French cats graphic tee
- Striped raglan crewneck sweatshirt
A mixture of sales and new pieces. If you are a member of J.Crew Passport, they are having a “thank you” for their first birthday with 30% off full-price styles:
- Saint James® for J.Crew relaxed boatneck T-shirt in stripe
- Gwyneth slip skirt
- Crochet crewneck beach sweater
- Cashmere crewneck sweater shell
- Oversized patch-pocket cardigan sweater in stripe
- New heritage Rollneck™ sweater
- Going-out blazer in stretch twill
- I RARELY wear jewelry but these sculptural orb earrings are SO elegant!
- Madewell: V-Neck Button-Front Long Cardigan Sweater
- Madewell: Plus (Re)sourced Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater
- J Jill: Gingham/Vichy Oversized Popover Tunic
- Quince: Mongolian Cashmere Wrap
My French-inspired picks!
Week of July 10, 2023
It's all about Amazon this week and there are plenty of selections to appeal to your inner Francophile!
French Beauty Brands
A few of my go-to's:
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water (use every day and night!)
- Avène Products including their Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water
- Vichy Products including their Vichy Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
- La Roche Posay Products including their La Roche-Posay Nutritic Lip Balm for Very Dry Lips (can not live without this!)
- Evian Facial Spray
- Klorane Products including their Klorane Strengthening Shampoo
Week of July 3, 2023
PREVIEW my French-inspired picks!
Week of June 19th, 2023
Oh là là! summer French fashion is definitely a must-have in your wardrobe this season. From nautical Breton themes to light trenchcoats, and the timeless Vichy print, you'll be turning heads no matter where you go.
It's time to channel your inner Parisian and step up your fashion game with these iconic French summer staples!
SHOP THE LOOK
The Francophile’s Style Guide: How to Dress Like French Women
Learn how to look like French women – effortlessly stylish every day. Unlock the secrets of timeless fashion that will help create oh-so-fashionable looks again and again!