How do you survive walking close to 40 miles in Chicago without suffering?
Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Opinions are always my own and I’ll never promote something I don’t use or believe in. Also as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
5 words: Jambu Spirit Too Eco-Vegan.
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored collaboration with Jambu & Co. As always ALL opinions are my own. This is my 8th season working with Jambu and wear a pair nearly every single day. There is a reason for that!
There are a ton of exotic locations in the Spring Lookbook but I am personally donning the Jambu Maple Eco-Vegan “Chicago!” Because this shoe handled 4 days of walking up and down the avenues of the Windy City like a pro.
And why is that?
Well, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that it received the American Podiatric Medical Association(APMA) Seal of Acceptance for promoting good foot health. That and the foam insoles.
This shoe also spent a month walking the cobblestones streets of Lisbon where the All Terra traction outsoles killed it when it came to those little black and white land mines!
You can feel good wearing this awesome walking shoe because it is eco-friendly. It has a partially recycled plastic knit upper and recycled elastic for the bungees. You don’t have to choose between being eco-conscious and stylish. This comfort-forward slip-on is a great everyday shoe.
It’s finally starting to warm up outside and that means it’s time to start breaking out the spring and summer clothes! One of the most important things to consider when dressing for the warmer months is your footwear. There are so many great women’s walking shoes on the market these days, but which ones should you choose?
I’m sharing my picks for the best women’s shoes for spring and summer, all of which look great with whatever clothing you are pulling out of the closet after a long winter. You don’t need to wonder what women’s shoes go best with jeans, they ALL do!
My Jambu picks this season!
As always, it was SUPER hard for me to make selections from this season’s lineup…but I managed, and here are my recommendations for you!
Spirit Too Eco Vegan
THE shoe I wore exclusively for 4 days in Chicago! So happy this model has come back. I got these vegan sneakers in denim and they are also available in light grey, nude, and gunmetal.
Features of the Spirit Too Eco Vegan:
- All Terra Traction: Non-slip and partially recycled compressed rubber outsole for superior traction and durability.
- Relax Foam Footbed: Contoured Relax Foam Footbed for support and comfort.
- Removable insole. You decide if you want the insole in there or not!
- Vegan: This sneaker is certified vegan and is constructed with no animal parts for materials or bindings. Made with tumbled, brushed vegan leather, and microsuede.
- Eco-friendly: with a partially recycled plastic knit upper, and recycled elastic for the bungees.
- Microban® antimicrobial treatment: All Jambu shoes have this treatment that helps with odors and promotes cooler drier feet.
- APMA Seal of Acceptance: The American Podiatrists Medical Association gave their seal of acceptance to these shoes for promoting good foot health.
- Available in Extended Sizes. Available in Wide Sizes too!
My Other Picks
- Pine in red: an outdoorsy mary jane flat that is also available in black, taupe, and blue. Key Features & Benefits: Relax Foam, Removable Insole, All-Terra Traction, and APMA Accepted. (So hot that some sizes are already sold out! If that happens to you, try Amazon!)
- Colette in red (what Francophile could resist this one!?): a preppy boat slash skater shoe also available in black and grey with mint. Key Features & Benefits: APMA Accepted, All-Terra Traction, and Relax Foam Insoles.
- Lilac in navy: a slip-on that looks like a lace-up! Also available in mint, charcoal, white shimmer, and red. Key Features & Benefits: APMA Accepted, All-Terra Traction, and Relax Foam Insole.
- Miami Water Ready in navy is a water-ready wedge sandal go from the beach to the restaurant in 5 seconds flat! Also available in black and cherry. Key Features & Benefits: EVA Insole and Water Ready. (So hot that it is already sold out on the Jambu site! But they have them on Amazon!)
- Sahara in red is an adjustable mary jane does come in light denim, charcoal, tan, and Earth colors. Key Features & Benefits: APMA Accepted, All-Terra Traction, and Memory Foam Insole. (So hot that it is already sold out on the Jambu site! But they have them on Amazon!)
- Daisy in black is a floral-inspired wedge perfect for walking also available in taupe and red. Key Features & Benefits: Memory Foam Insoles. (So hot that some sizes are already sold out! If that happens to you, try Amazon!)
One of the most important things to consider when choosing women’s walking shoes is comfort. You want a shoe that is going to be comfortable to walk in, even if you are on your feet for long periods of time. Another thing to keep in mind is support. Look for a shoe that has good arch support and cushioning, as this will help reduce fatigue and prevent injuries.
When it comes to women’s shoes and jeans, you want to make sure that the two go together well. A good rule of thumb is to choose a shoe that is the same color as your jeans or a similar shade. This will help create a cohesive look that is both stylish and comfortable.
If you are looking for a great walking shoe that is both comfortable and stylish, look no further than Jambu. These shoes are specifically designed for long-distance walking on concrete and other hard surfaces. They have a cushioned sole that helps absorb impact, so they are good shoes for walking all day which is exactly what I did in Chicago!
Tips for choosing walking shoes
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing the perfect walking shoe. But with a little bit of research, you are sure to find the perfect pair for your needs. Here are some great tips to keep in mind when choosing the perfect pair of shoes for your needs:
Consider your budget. Walking shoes can range in price. It’s important to consider how much you are willing to spend before you start shopping. If you can’t afford the higher-priced models and you have some time before your trip, then create a mini-savings plan to put money aside until you have the amount you need. You do not want to go cheap on shoes you will need for walking long distances and on hard surfaces. Sign-up for the Jambu newsletter and watch for the sales. There are lots and lots of sales! And don’t forget their Rewards Progam.
Think about the type of walking you will be doing. Are you going to be walking long distances on hard surfaces? Or are you just looking for a shoe to wear around the neighborhood? This will help narrow down your choices.
Read the reviews. Once you have narrowed down your choices, take some time to read online reviews of the shoes you are considering. This is a great way to get an unbiased opinion about how the shoes perform in real-world conditions.
Pay attention to fit. It’s important that your shoes fit well and are comfortable from the start. Be sure to try on several pairs of shoes before you make your final decision.
Ask for help. If you are having trouble finding the right pair of shoes, don’t hesitate to ask for help from a salesperson or shoe expert. They can offer valuable insight and guidance.
What else to pack for a trip to Chicago in the spring:
- Stio base layer (x2)
- Chico’s Petite Super Soft Jeans
- Chico’s Turtleneck (in classic navy)
- Cashmere turtleneck I bought in Lisbon
- Stio light blue shirt
- Stio navy jacket
- Poncho sweater I bought in Sintra Portugal
- Bombas Compression socks (x4)
- Jambu Spirit Too Eco-Vegan
- Petit Bateau lined rain jacket
What I missed and are really must-haves
- Gloves. I ended up buying a pair. They weren’t great but they got the job done. Next time I will bring a solid pair.
- Hat. The ski variety for warmth.
I hope you found this info helpful! Now get out there and start exploring in your new Jambu walking shoes! Spring and summer are the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the world around you. With the right pair of shoes, you can make the most of every moment.
If you’re in the market for women’s walking shoes, Jambu is a great place to start your search. With a large selection of styles and sizes, you’re sure to find the perfect shoe for your needs.
Limited Time Promo Code for YOU!
From now until July 30, 2022, get 20% off on the Jambu website with Promo Code: ANDIFISHER20
Jambu shoes are an essential, daily part of my wardrobe, check out the other styles that I have, and adore (and all still available on Amazon!):
Like it? PIN it!