UPDATE: Now that Bacon Bacon is a permanent storefront in San Francisco (205 Frederick St), they [sadly] shut down their food truck, but it’s still a fun read to see the OG!
But who cares about all that…I just wanted to eat the bacon!
I tracked it on Facebook for weeks trying to catch them when they were near my office (I don’t have a car) and finally, finally, I got there.
And it was so worth the wait. Only now, I am craving it all the time!
They have a simple menu, and isn’t that the best?
And here is the Bacon Bacon owner taking orders, notice the yellow sign on the menu that he added after I took the photo above, it says Triple Pork Belly Tacos $3 (No Line).
That becomes important because the line starts to look like this if you don’t get there early:
And now the food part!
I had the amazing LBGT goat cheese ( you know how I feel about goat cheese) and bacon sandwich. And now I literally cannot think of anything else these days!
Every bite was amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with bacon, I love it, it does not love me and tells me so for hours after I eat. But I always suspect it is the quality of the bacon. Bacon Bacon’s bacon loves me.
Yum. Just yum.
Along with the sandwich I tried the Spicy Belly Fries. Fries with pork belly shavings and peppers. Yes. Pork belly shavings. Divine.
My co-worker had the regular The Fries with herbs and parmesan, I tried them, very tasty too. I have to tell you I am not a huge fry fan, I only eat them from time to time and I never finish a portion, but I would rate these as exceptional.
My other colleague had the Almost Veggie sandwich which has broccoli rabe, peppers, provolone and the “almost” part, the addition of a gorgeous slice of bacon. While my co-worker found the rabe bitter, she thought the bacon was excellent.
They also serve a mean root beer (floats are available too!)
Now that they have a schedule that seems pretty consistent, I can catch them every other Thursday (likely the alternate Thursday will be Liba!)…now if I could just be in town for two Thursdays in a row!
How about you? Has the bacon phenomena hit your neck of the woods?
More of my San Francisco food stories and guides:
- A San Francisco Weekend for Foodies
- Where to go for Coffee in San Francisco
- Great Mexican Restaurants in San Francisco
- 5 Places to Eat Oysters in San Francisco
- Best Burmese Food in San Francisco
- Burgers in San Francisco
- San Francisco’s Best Cheeseburgers
- Hawaiian in San Francisco
- Great Grilled Cheese in San Francisco
- San Francisco Bay Area Dimsum Guide
- San Francisco for Vegetarians
- Baked Bear in San Francisco – Custom-made Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Classic San Francisco Food Treats
- Eating in San Francisco’s Financial District – Around the World in 24 Hours
Highlighted Restaurants in San Francisco
- San Francisco’s Sushirrito
- Liba San Francisco
- Fried Chicken and Waffles in San Francisco
- Let me see your Lobster Roll
Like it? PIN IT!