I maintain full editorial control of this blog at ALL times. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, political affiliation or experience. I am just one opinionated gal, this is my space, so I can do that.
I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I may receive compensation for my posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. I choose products that I would use in the course of my day-to-day life, products I would buy, and I express my opinion in an honest manner. If I start reviewing Harlequin romances, fashion products or the latest gospel album, you will know I have hit my head and you should be worried.
As of June 2011, the inclusion of paid sponsored guest posts has been integrated into my editorial calendar. The posts are still travel specific and I retain all editorial rights.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. Views expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer (First Republic Bank) or of anyone else.
Here are the specific disclosures for 2013 (2009 are here, here for 2010 and 2011 and 2012). As of March 2013, any post that requires a disclosure, has a disclosure button or statement in the post, so I will no longer be listing them here as I have in the past.
If I am talking about something that is not on the list above, that means I bought it, paid for it, etc. I give my opinion on a lot of things, because that is my nature! (P.S. If you have a blog, you should be aware of this.)
- For the giveaways on my blog NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Anyone is eligible for entry, as long as they follow the rules for entry, unless otherwise stated. (Example, if I am giving a DVD away, it may be only for readers in the U.S. since it would be Zone 1.)
- I use Rafflecopter for my giveaways,
- Final determination of winner is at my sole and absolute discretion and such decisions are final and binding. By participating, Participants agree to abide by and be bound to these rules and my decisions, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Failure to correctly complete the entry information (comment form); or if a prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is not eligible or does not comply with these giveaway rules, will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- I reserve the right at any time to disqualify any Participant who acts at any time in a fraudulent, uncooperative, unsportsmanlike or similar or dissimilar inappropriate manner.
- Giveaways have no cash value. No cash/prize substitutions.
- The winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal taxes and any other fees or costs incurred in claiming or using a prize.
I really like the statement that Chocolate & Zucchini has on her site so I am using it but crediting Clotilde:
All comments, whether positive or negative, are welcome as long as they are respectfully and constructively written. I will however withhold the publication of any comment that is hateful, hurtful, offensive, defamatory, threatening, inflammatory, baiting, or vulgar.
I take your privacy seriously. Email addresses collected at the time of comment creation will never be used in a commercial fashion. They will never be sold. They are stored securely. If you would like to give me permission to have your email address for a future newsletter (from ME only), I have a separate newsletter sign-up on my Contact page.
My work belongs to me. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. All photos are either taken by me personally, purchased on istockphoto.com or used from Flickr from The Commons. Photos may not be used from my site without permission because I took them or I paid for them. Those used from Flickr I have noted the photographer. Any content, media, or images on my site is property of me alone and websites or individuals wanting to cite my content need to ask for permission. Any questions on this, check out the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which protects original content online.