(Not quite) Wordless Wednesday #202 – San Francisco Neighborhoods

San Francisco Neighborhoods

Image credit: Cocoanetics

During the process of interviewing and writing the San Francisco Profiles posts I realized that people may be familiar with the names of some of the San Francisco neighborhoods but not where they are in the city.  Above is a map laying them out across the 7 miles by 7 miles that makes San Francisco.

Tune in tomorrow for the Richmond District!

How about you? Do you have a favorite part of San Francisco? Is there one neighborhood in particular that you would like to visit?

Comments

1. I would love to visit San Fran!

2. I’ve always wanted to see the GG bridge!

3. A friend told me that this city has the best bakeries of the US. Someday I hope to visit San Francisco and prove it.

4. Jeri Accardo says:

I wanted to go to Twin Peaks because I saw a cute introduction on a tv show!

5. sandy weinstein says:

never been here, but my mother loved it. she used to love people watching

6. saminder gumer says:

i like the mission district.

7. Evangelia Kollia says:

I love maps. I want to know where i ‘m in my city. I ‘ve never visited San Francisco. Maybe i will someday!!!

8. I don’t know a lot about it. I see there is a Richmond which is the name of the major city near me and I notice Balboa Terrace from Arrested Development. I know of Haight Ashbury from the 70′s (I was born in the 70′s) and I know that is where all the kids ran away to…Hmm I want to go to Chinatown.

9. I just visited San Francisco for the first time, and I LOVED visiting Castro and Mission! I wish I had more time to visit mission and SoMa, so many unique shops and restaurants. I know that San Francisco is always changing, and I’d like to see these neighbourhoods again before they evolve into something completely different.

@Heather, you definitely have to keep coming back to discover more!

11. I’ve been through San Francisco several times, but never stopped to look at anything. One day maybe we will head down and do some sightseeing and enjoy the good food and all the neat places to visit. My fiance is from San Jose so she knows some places to go to. I’ve heard of a lot of the district/neighborhood names and never really knew how the city was laid out. Thanks for the info. I always enjoy maps and diagrams.

12. Such a fun city! I’m glad you’re featuring more posts about the amazing city where you live. You’re so lucky to live somewhere people want to visit. I would love to go back and spend more time there, so keep up the amazing work — I’ll need your page as a reference!

13. So many neighbourhoods, flavours, cultures and so many places to see!
    I’ve been twice and barely scratched the surface.

@Murissa, I have barely touched the surface myself!

@Katie, Thanks so much, it is so fun exploring the city neighborhood by neighborhood.

@David, hope you get a chance to explore.

17. I love this map. I wish we had a map of neighborhoods for OKC. I had no idea SF was 7 miles by 7 miles. OMG. The total are of OKC is 620 miles. It’s a real challenge for city planners.

18. 620 square miles =)