Friday Food Foto – Me Méli Loukoumades

MeMeli_LoukoumadesGolden Greek goodness.  That what I called these Loukoumades from the Me Méli food cart in my AFAR highlight and I still haven’t found a better way to describe them!

I visited with two of the three sisters that run Me Méli while I was out at a work event and they were as nice as can be.  Only two months into the food truck biz and their hot fried dough with honey, cinnamon and walnut are selling like, well hotcakes!  Every culture has their version of fried dough and this one is mighty tasty.  I ate my own order plus 2/3 of my co-workers! Yum!

Check them out at the SOMA Streat Food Park if you visit San Francisco. You can also track them down online on Twitter or just follow them on Facebook to keep up on photos of the Loukoumades!

Now, onto More Tasty Tidbits (lots of pumpkin today!):

From Golden: Toasted pumpkin seed salsa

From 101 Cookbooks: Eggs poached in white wine sauce

From A Thought for Food: Pumpkin potage with toasted farro

From I Am A Food Blog: Pumpkin red curry udon

From Joy the Baker: Savory cheddar and cranberry soda bread

From She Simmers: Rice-pumpkin porridge with garlic shrimp and pumpkin seeds

From Annie Eats: Spiced pumpkin layer cake with butterscotch pecan filling

From Brown Eyed Baker: Dark chocolate chunk eggnog cookies

How about you? What have you been eating lately?

Comments

1. Oh my gosh do they ever look good, this is from a food truck, I need to try food trucks more often, when I think of food truck I think greasy and gross! Boy do these erase that vision…lol

2. md Kennedy says:

OMG – my FAVORITE food! When my husband and I eat out in Crete, I beg to go to restaurants that we know serve them as dessert; we even found a cafe called “Loukoumades World” in Santorini. My mouth is watering just thinking about them – and I cannot get fresh ones anywhere near my homes in North America (and they HAVE to be fresh and hot). Wish I lived in San Fran!

@Ginette, yep gone are the days of roach coaches in most major cities – the food truck scene has blown that open to super clean and super fantastic food.

@MD, I will have to trust you, my only experience with these were piping hot!

5. Cynthia Cover says:

It’s like a fried baklava….total yum! No food trucks in my area though and decent restaurants are so high priced…oh well.

6. This looks delicious, I’ve been trying to find a way to make a Baklava cupcake!

7. I have a doughnut monkey on my back and these would feed it well! LOL! Because I need to be “good”, what’s the nutritional info on these?

8. We adore Greek foods and unfortunately it is hard to find in the MidWest! I see all thesee nice things from food trucks and it makees me long to go and find a big city just for the food!

9. alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) says:

wow those look delicious! great name too

10. This looks really delicious!

11. oh my///lit bits of perfection. Thanks for making me hungry at 0200! LOL

12. I am lucky cause I can try loukoymades whenever I want :) I am Greek
    By the way “me meli” means with honey

13. Nena Sinclair says:

These look so yummy! I’m going to look up a recipe and give them a try!

14. These really look delicious, you’re making me hungry!

15. The name drew me in since I’ve never heard of these! Thanks for sharing; they look delicious!

16. Lisa Brown says:

never heard of those, they look yummy.

17. Paula Varble says:

These look good. I’ve been trying to eat healthy and keep on my normal routine in prep of the big holidays. I have two meals this week: Thursday and Saturday.

18. These look delicious. I have a Greek themed deli style small restaurant downtown where I live – I will have to see if they make something similar.

19. I never heard of these before but Mmmm, they look delicious! Learn something new every day! :)

20. stacey dempsey says:

These look amazing I wish I knew about them when I was in San Fransisco awhile back, with any luck I will get to go again soon and will look for these

21. Adriana Gonzalez says:

#1

22. ionut leonard taranu says:

delicious!

23. That looks so yummy! I am hungry right now. Share! lol

24. Cheryl Grandy says:

Oh! They look good! Might be worth a trip to San Fransisco to get a taste.

25. Yummy

26. Jill Edwards says:

They sound and look delicious. I would love to try some.

27. my AFAR highlight… hmm… that’s me! This looks delish. Love it.

28. Gabriel Rossi says:

This is the first time I heard about it, looks so yummy!

29. Yummy , gonna try this

30. alena svetelska says:

these looks so yumy,just looking at them makes me hungry;-)I am definetly going to try this!

31. rebeccabasset says:

These look delicious! I am going to have to see where I can get them.

Thanks for the Post, Picture, and the Hunger Pains!

32. They look so good . Would love to be able to try them. We recently had a food truck event in our town. So much good food and fun

33. John Lamano says:

mmmmm… delicious!

34. Seems to be very delicious :)

35. Mmmmm. Looks scrummy! I would love to try this!

36. Yummy!

37. I love how food trucks always have unique food…and these Loukoumades looks delicious!

38. MMMMmmmm! tasty-looking!

39. Oh my word! Those look incredible. I love Greek food and combine that with fried cinnamony goodness – that must be fabulous.

40. These look so good! May have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

41. Widyaning A says:

Making me hungry …

42. Thomas Murphy says:

That looks so good!

43. I have never had Loukoumades before, they sure look delicious. Thank you for sharing this post.

44. Oh my goodness, that looks freaking amazing!

45. These look so good. Thank you for sharing.

46. TrippyCusp93 says:

Yum! These looks delicious…I would probably eat 20 of these things. They would probably make a great dessert to bring to a family gathering or party too!

47. I have no idea what those are, but they look great! Fried dough sounds delicious!