Friday Food Foto – Han Il Kwan Kimchee

Kimchee-from-Han-Il-Kwan-SanFrancisco

After a lovely afternoon walking the San Francisco Coastal Trail we were hungry…what else is new?

We were in the Sunset District so we headed to a restaurant that we had been to in the past, Han Il Kwan Korean barbeque.  The last time Mr. Misadventures and I had been here was pre-social media, or at least my use of social media, so remembering its exact location proved difficult.  Even with Google and food apps, it didn’t come up, so we relied on our sense of direction until we finally found it.

Part two of the misadventures was trying to find parking which is nearly impossible.  Sunset is a mainly residential area with parking taken by the people who live there, so finding a free spot can take time.  After fifteen minutes of searching and then a short walk we were rewarded with a tasty meal of Korean barbeque – ribeye and mixed seafood with the 500 accoutrements (including the kimchee above) that come with any Korean meal.  It was the perfect way to warm us up after the chill of the waterside trail.

Now, onto More Tasty Tidbits:

From Framed Cooks: Breakfast sandwich

From Canelle et Vanille: Baked eggs and chanterelles

From Green Kitchen Stories: Chanterelle lentil soup

From Love and Lemons: Spicy watermelon avocado salad

From How Sweet It Is: Crispy buttermilk baked chicken corn bread biscuit sliders

From Lemon Fire Brigade: Huckleberry duck sliders

From White on Rice Couple: Sriracha roast chicken

From Spoon Fork Bacon: Pumpkin hummus

From Bell’alimento: Roasted pumpkin risotto with pancetta

From The Next Door Baker: Boston Cream Pie

From Leite’s Culinaria: Chocolate hazelnut gelato

How about you? What have you been eating lately?

Comments

1. These links were so fun. Thank you! It’s amazing how truly beautiful food can be. Loved the huckleberry recipe – pumpkin hummus – those eggs!!! Gorgeous. I wish I could cook something besides chili….LOL!

2. the looks mighthy delicous i want a bite.yummy

3. Nena Sinclair says:

The food looks delicious1 Now I’m hungry! Lol :)

4. thank u for sharing the links.. I love cooking and will be trying them out

5. David Smith says:

It’s been years since I have had any kimchee, especially some good stuff. I love Korean barbeque and Bul-Go-Gi is one of my favorites. I’m glad I just ate dinner, otherwise I’d be really hungry now. Thanks for the kimchee pic.

6. gigi n jimmy borden says:

i have never tried kimchee, i always hear it is good, especially from my friend who lived in Japan for 3 years!!! Would like to try it, thanks for sharing!

7. Adriana Gonzalez says:

#3

8. Pam Gurganus says:

I LOVE kimchee and this pic looks sooo good! YUM! :)

9. I grew up with kimchee at every special occasion, and I can’t stand it, but this still looks yummy. :)

10. I just love spicy food.

11. #2

12. I think my best friend would Love this kimchee, it looks really good. But i have to admit, i’m more of a seaweed salad kind of girl :) It’s such a light & tasty side dish. :)
    xo, Luchessa.org

13. KyLee Mills says:

comment #5

14. I love kimchee! And right now, I’m craving for Bibimbap!! Yum!

15. Great read. I love Kimchi! It hurts sooo good! :) Happy holidays!

16. I have never tried Kimchi although my husband bought a jar and it is still in the fridge unopened…LOL…I love a lot of the links..Pumpkin Hummus OMG two of my fave things in one dip. I will have to try that one…I hope that you have a nice day!

@Shannon, probably a good idea to try that kimchee! Make kimchee tacos, they rock! The pumpkin when it is smashed up has the same texture as hummus it is a great combo!

18. I love Korean food, the next time I’m in San Francisco I will definitely visit Han Il Kwan Korean barbeque. Thank you for sharing this review.