Friday Food Foto – Burmese Kitchen Tea Leaf Salad

Burmese-Kitchen-Tealeaf-Salad

When I first started my new job, one of the things I missed most about my old job was the daily access to the Soma StrEat food truck park.  Fortunately, shortly after moving downtown to the Financial District, EatClubSF launched.

EatClubSF brings restaurants to the food truck scene.  On a daily basis, I can virtually travel to restaurants I wouldn’t have access to unless I sought them out on the weekend.

Like this amazing Burmese tea leaf salad from Burmese Kitchen.  This salad often eaten as a digestive at the end of a meal contains fermented tea leaves, shrimp, peanuts, soybeans, sesame seeds and other similar ingredients depending on the location – it is marinated in garlic oil, lime juice and fish sauce.

I have had a lot of bad versions of this salad so I only halfheartedly ordered.  I am so happy I did because it was a flavor explosion!  If I could have ordered a second to take home for dinner, I would have!

Now, onto More Tasty Tidbits:

From Annie’s Eats: Jalapeno cheddar chicken burgers with guacamole

From Cheeky Kitchen: Pork chops with blackberry sweet and sour sauce and pineapple watermelon mojito shrimp salad

From the Culinary Life: Tart summer pork stew with tomatoes and tomatillos

From Mimi Thorisson: Duck burger

From Pib & Ebby: Jerk Chicken

From Sweet Savory Life: Grilled apricot spiced shrimp

From Spoon Fork Bacon: Salmon rillettes

From Tartine & Apron Strings: Ravioli in spiced butter sauce

From Bell’amiento: Death by chocolate zuchini cake

From Brown-Eyed Baker: Banana cake with cream cheese frosting

How about you? What have you been eating lately?

Comment for Charity May on Misadventures with AndiConsider leaving a comment! For every comment left on Misadventures with Andi during the month of June, I will donate 50 cents to ProtectAGirl.org. And when you leave a comment you earn a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD, so comment often it will help my charity of choice and you may get yourself a treat too!

Comments

1. That looks delicious Andi!

2. Now salivating and as I’m currently in Central Asia, I probably have kebab for dinner AGAIN!

3. PATRICIA BOOTH says:

Looks like something I would like to try,

@Delia, love kebabs!

@Naomi, it was pretty tasty!

@Patricia, if you can’t find it locally, there are recipes to make it at home.

7. it is one of my dreams to eat in a food truck, never tried it even once yet. Anyway, this salad looks so yummy and if its good for digestion then it’s good for me!

8. Wow. This dish looks awesome to eat!!! What’s the FULL recipe!!! I’m dying for a bite. We have nothing like this in our town, really. Can you imagine not having access to a Burmese Kitchen? You are so lucky!!!

@Sheridan, this is the recipe I found when I was looking for the ingredients, hope that helps! http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2012/12/recipe-burmese-tea-leaf-salad/

10. That sounds delicious. I wish they had something like that by me. I would be eating out all the time. Thanks for sharing.

11. That looks like something that my husband would enjoy….There are hardly any food trucks in the city here.

@Shannon, Washington DC isn’t too, too far from you, they have lots of them there. Maybe you can do a weekend trip there to try some out.

13. Wow!! That salad looks amazing, I need to add it to my list of foods that I absolutely must try. Thank you for sharing this post.