Friday Food Foto – Shrimp and Chive Dumplings

Chinatown Lunch

This is a photo of yummy shrimp and chive dumplings from a lunch I had while playing tourist in Chinatown.  It is a post I am working on, but as my time is a bit limited right now, I have yet to finish it (coming soon!).

Now, onto More Tasty Tidbits:

From Spoon Fork Bacon: Scallop and uni crudo

From Tartine & Apron Strings: Spinach and smoked oyster spaghetti and Thai clam chowder

From Food Republic: Watermelon and manchego stack with arugula and pesto

From Back to Her Roots: Low country seafood chowder

From Annie’s Kitchen: White bean and cashew nut dip

From Just One Cookbook: BBQ pork belly

From Lemons and Anchovies: Prawn pesto fig and feta sandwich

From Noble Pig: Salmon burgers with spicy hoisen mayo

From Joy the Baker: Dark chocolate pistachio smoked sea salt cookies

From Chef in Training: Easy eclair cake

From Famed Cooks: Boston cream pie cupcakes

How about you? What have you been eating lately?

Check out more of one my favorite foods in my “I die for dumplings” AFAR Wanderlist.

Comment ofr Charity April on Misadventures with AndiConsider leaving a comment! For every comment left on Misadventures with Andi during the month of April, I will donate 50 cents to charity:water. And when you leave a comment you earn a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD, so comment often it will help my charity of choice and you may get yourself a treat too!

Comments

1. Another great round-up! Thanks for including me. :)

2. Loooove dumplings! My dad’s girlfriend is Chinese and she makes some delicious dumplings when we visit. So much work, but they taste incredible!

3. I love finding new food blogs, and this is a great round-up! Thank you for including my BBQ pork belly!

4. Delish! Great list too.
    I’ve been eating salads mostly but looking to splurge tonight with a potential locally produced cheese plate and locally made organic sparkling wine.

Murissa

5. You just made my mouth water! I wonder how many people you sent running off for Chinese food after seeing this photo… I think I know what I will be eating tonight! ;) Thank you for sharing.

6. Yuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy!

@AndiP, they were pretty tasty, but then again I haven’t met a dumpling I didn’t like!

@Bellanda, thanks so much! I try to choose tempting photos, but I know what you mean about the potential to persuade me to eat one way or the other, my food blog reading often changes what I am having for the next meal!

@Murissa, that sounds divine! I wish I liked salads more, but I always feel like I am punishing myself!

@Nami, my pleasure, you have delish dishes all the time, it is hard to choose just one!

@Katie, so right…too much effort goes into making them, I would probably never make them at home, too impatient to just eat them!

@Kate, my pleasure, you make it easy with all the delicious recipes you share!

13. Hi Andi,
    Thanks for coming on tour with us! Loved reading your part 1, can’t wait to see part 2!
    You captured the steamed and crispy qualities of the dumplings perfectly in your photo. I eat these all the time, delicious. Hope you can join again one day, perhaps for the “I Can’t Believe I Ate My Way Through Chinatown” tour?

@Tina, thanks so much, I had a blast and I will be checking out the other tour soon!

15. Mendy Dinsmore says:

I’ve never heard of shimp and chive dumplings. They look delish! I would love to try them. We don’t go out often, but I love reading the food blogs seeing what others get to enjoy.

16. Looks and sounds spectacular. I live near Philly’s glorious Chinatown and I intend to make it a point to see if I can find a comparable offering there…sooon!

@Nora, oh I had a trip planned to Philly but had to cancel, its great to know there is a Chinatown, I love seeking out dimsum wherever I visit!

18. I love your Shrimp and Chive Dumpling recipe. My husband and I are total dumpling eaters. This is a new one we will be trying. Love the photos and thanks for sharing the recipe post.

19. Amanda Sakovitz says:

This looks delicious! I’ve never seen this play on shrimp before.

20. carol roberts says:

thanks for all the link’s pretty neat loved the boston cream pie cupcake link

21. Cindy B says:

These look amazing and I’m betting they taste amazing, too! I’ve never seen shrimp used in dumplings!

22. Well now I am definitely hungry the shrimp and chive dumplings are looking darn delicious in the photo. I love Chinese food too so I’m sure I’d love this. The recipes links will come in handy for making different meals to eat for my family. I make meals for my parents and they would like some of those especially the desserts they have a sweet tooth for sure. Ok thanks and it’s so nice you are donating to a charity.

23. Love love dumplings. This gets me in the mood to make my own. Haven’t done that in a while. I’ll add wontons to my grocery list!

24. Goodness, i already see the two of us would be a great team for dumpling hunts :) I can eat those almost every day and never get tired of. Btw i think i have never tried dumplings with a srimp filling. What kind of filling is you favorite one?

xo,
    Luchessa.org

25. These shrimp and chive dumplings look delicious, I love chinese dumplings. Thank you for sharing this post.

26. I love dumplings but Ive never had shrimp dumplings. Looks so good.