Friday Food Foto – Gyro-On-Wheels Kebab

Gyro-On-Wheels-Kebab

As a macro-loving foodie, I am completely frustrated that I haven’t been able to capture any food photos for the last 2 months, just iPhone!  And while I don’t think the photo of the quite delicious lamb and beef kebab from Gyro-On-Wheels food truck is bad, I am missing photographing stuff with my Canon!

Gyro-On-Wheels is a San Francisco food truck that I caught at the food truck park near my office.  I have had poor luck with kebabs and gyros in the city, this one was really good!  Was fearful of the hot sauce being too hot, but I could have added a lot more and the additional of french fries is a bonus!

Now, onto More Tasty Tidbits:

From David Lebovitz: Shakshuka eggs (oh mama!)

From How Sweet It Is: Blue cheese mac and cheese

From Love & Olive Oil: Butternut squash risotto with pine nuts and fried sage

From Noble Pig: Open face Thai chicken sandwiches

From Steamy Kitchen: Curried beef dumplings

From Tartine & Apron Strings: Bacon-wrapped brined chicken breasts

From Amy Glaze: Tamarind duck with citrus sunchoke mushroom salad

From Lemon and Anchovies: Grilled cheese sandwich with fig butter and arugula

From From Away: Beef and ale stew with buttermilk scallion dumplings

From Spoon Fork Bacon: Strawberry rosemary tarte tatin

How about you? What have you been eating lately?

Check out more San Francisco food trucks in my AFAR Wanderlist.

Comments

1. Maria Iemma says:

This looks delicious — I have not had a cyro in ages.

2. The best Gyro I’ve ever had, oddly enough, was in Italy. Verona to be more specific and I dearly miss them.
    Lately I’ve been trying to eat more healthy but within the last week I ate sweetbreads that were quite good. The texture and taste was quite similar to mushrooms.

Murissa

3. Wow! That looks amazing!

4. Christina Kelbel says:

Looks good, love the addition of fries on top.

5. MADDIE K says:

Are those FRENCH FRIES in your Gyro? OMG, I think I just licked the screen!

6. Michael Lambert says:

My wife would probably like this. Never seen anything like it.

7. My two favorite things: gyros and food trucks! Love it. I was amazed at how many food trucks there are in California. It’s so cool. I even saw some set up on the lot at Paramount. My bf and I want to own a food truck one day.

8. Sylvia Ortiz says:

I am excited to try the Open Face Thai Chicken Sandwich. I have never tried cooking anything other than meals that basically require ground meat. My family needs variety (besides going out to eat!). Thanks for sharing all these unique and delicious recipes.

9. This is something I have never tried but looks and sounds very good. Thank you. Jerri Davis

10. @Bobbi Lee, I am so grateful for the amount we have in the city, its incredible!

11. LOOKS GOOD –MIGHT HAVE TO TRY..

12. yummmy :)

13. Yuuuum!

14. French fries rolled up in the gyro? That’s different. But hey, that’s one great way to enjoy your meat and potatoes in one bite. ;)

15. That is a great pic. I’ve been way too involved w iPad and phone pics lately. Instagram is addictive.

16. Maria Malaveci says:

Yes! Yes! French fries in a Gyro. This is how it is done in Greece! (I’m Greek) and I love Gyros. The best are always in Greece with french fries inside of course! Thanks for the great post!

17. chrissy c says:

I love Gyro’s and that one looks AMAZING!!! I love that there is fries on it however I would probably order mine without hot sauce! I know you said it wasn’t very hot but I can’t handle anything hot! I wish we had re food trucks where I live because the food from them always look so yummy!

18. Lourdes Guerra says:

Oh my gosh!! That looks so delicious. Do you think the french fries could be replaced by sweet potato fries? Would that affect it at all? Thank you for that link to the butternut squash risotto. It looks delicious. And seems like it’s healthy. Thank you, can’t wait to try it.

19. OH MY!! I absolutely adore Greek food, and there is nothing more fun than an Gyro from a food truck. French fries on the gyro, topped with a bit of tzatziki? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! Looks and sounds so good!

20. My husband would love this…Now I wanna get some food in Richmond. LOL.

21. This looks absolutely delicious!! I love that they put french fries in their gyro. Thank you for sharing this great post.