I want to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy New Year. I hope 2012 was what you wanted it to be. If not, we get to try all over again in 2013!
2012 by the numbers:
Number of places I traveled to: 25 (never enough!)
Favorite trip of the year: Paris in January
Blogging friends I met (or met up with) IRL: Lindsey of Lost in Cheeseland, Kasia of Love in the City of Lights, Karin of An Alien Parisienne, Charu of Butterfly Diary and Andi of My Beautiful Adventures.
Number of posts: 366
Top 5 most popular posts of the year:
- Sex and The City Paris – this one still makes me think I could make a killing doing this tour in Paris!
- Misadventures in Dim Sum – the thought of accidentally eating frog fallopian tubes still amuses people!
- The perfect relationship – my brief post on my love affair with Paris
- A typical French breakfast – a guest post from Marta Mir and the first in the list actually written in 2012!
- Saturday Six #98 – also from 2012, not sure why this one was particularly special, but it doesn’t matter as I love doing this series.
A look at 2013:
I don’t do resolutions but I have been thinking about a theme word for 2013, then I saw this post from Christine and I new her word needed to be my word: REFINE.
I could also add charity not because I haven’t donated to charity before, but because I want to do a more deliberate job of focusing, things like giving up my birthday for charity:water and continuously donating to the AFAR Foundation. In reality that is refinement on something I already do, so I’ll stick with just one theme word.
I want to be very intentional about everything I do and make sure that I am optimizing all my efforts, particularly as I feel like it is going to be a really busy year. I just need to do everything I am doing that much better so that I can gain efficiencies and maximize the energy I expend.
How about you? What would your theme word be?