The FTC passed policies in 2009 that state you need to disclose to your readers any time you have received products or incentives when you do a review post. More information here.
I have a DISCLOSURES page that you can look at any time to see when I have received a product or incentive, but I keep just the current year’s items to keep the page clean.
Specific disclosures for 2012:
- I sometimes use Amazon Affiliate links to point to books I’ve read or reviewed.
- I was paid for guest posts by OnlyApartments.com.
- I received an advanced copy of Paris My Sweet, as well two copies to giveaway.
- I was paid for guest posts by Square Digital.
- I received an advanced copy of Chique Secrets of Dolce Amore.
- BirdAvenue Studios provided one print (I paid for the other) for a giveaway.
- I was a guest of Trafalgar for a tour in San Francisco and Napa.
- A Slice of Delight provided soaps for a giveaway.
- Jewelsies provided earrings for a giveaway.
I would like to thank everyone who provided product for review this past year. I am selective about what I choose to blog about, so I appreciate the companies that I work with immensely.
Here’s to a happy and healthy 2013 with opportunities for everyone!